Not-for-Profit and Charity Organizations
- Active Living Alliance for Canadians with a Disability - We are an alliance of individuals, agencies and national associations that facilitates and coordinates partnerships among the members of its network.
- Canadian Association of Independent Living Centres - To work in partnership with organizations of persons with disabilities and other sectors, including the private sector, to support innovative approaches to integrating individuals with disabilities into paid employment or self-employment and addressing barriers to an individual's labour market participation.
- Canadian Association of the Deaf - Protecting and promoting the rights, needs and concerns of Deaf Canadians.
- Canadian Hearing Society - Services are offered in a fully accessible and supportive environment by professionals experienced in meeting the needs of deaf, deafened and hard of hearing people.
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) - is a national voluntary agency providing services to individuals across Canada to whom loss of vision
is a central problem in personal and social adjustments. The C N I B also acts as a consultant and resource agency to the helping professions,
government departments and private industry.
- Canadian Paraplegic Association - assists persons with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities to achieve independence, self reliance and full community participation.
- Christian Blind Mission International - the world's leading agency working towards the prevention and cure of blindness and towards the enablement of people with disabilities in developing countries
- John Milton Society For the Blind - a national ecumenical organization dedicated to providing Christian materials in alternative formats to blind, deaf-blind and visually impaired Canadians.
- Neil Squire Foundation - a Canadian national non-profit organization committed to providing education, technology and career development for people with physical disabilities.
- Operation Eyesight - Operation Eyesight is a non-profit organization that has been helping those threatened with preventable and treatable blindness conditions for over 40 years. You can make a difference by making a small donation or by volunteering a small amount of time.
- Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) - RNIB is one of the UK's biggest and most diverse charities. They provide over 60 different services for over 2 million people with serious sight problems throughout the country.
- Saskatchewan Abilities Council Inc. - The purpose of the Saskatchewan Abilities Council is to provide and assist optimal independence and active participation in all aspects of society for people with disabilities.
- The Braille Bug on The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) - an interactive channel on AFB's web site created to teach sighted children about braille, and to encourage literacy among all children--sighted and visually impaired. encourage all children grades 3 through 6 to check out the site, play some games, and send a secret message to a friend!